Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dog Transportation

My primary mode of transportation during the summer is my motorcycle. When our little zuchon was a puppy he rode in my backpack. When he started getting bigger (they dont get much bigger than shi tzus) he was too big for the backpack and he did pretty well if I put him on the tank of the motorcycle.

Last summer he got used to riding on the tank of the motorcycle. He stands, or sits, there all by himself. he can balance himself on turns and during stops. The wind doesnt bother him too much, in fact I think he loves to ride on the motorcycle. He is a true motorcycle loving dog.

For safety, when we ride I put him in a harness, i snap a leach on to the harness and tie it around my waist so that in case that he decides to jump he cant go far. He has never slipped off, slipped, or attempted to jump.

However this summer we had a concern about him getting hurt if I crash on the bike. The problem is that if I crash - and i always wear a helmet - he can crack his little doggie skull.

He loves to ride and so do I. Should I make tihs decision for him? Is he really that much worse off than in a car where he'll become a flying zuchon projectile anyway in case of an accident?

======

Finally, a shamless plug for a site of a friend of mine who blogs about cell phones, wireless news, etc.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Andy, Andy, the obvious answer is A DOGGIE HELMET! Surely there's someone somewhere selling doggie motorcycle helmets!

Eileen said...

Ha, I knew it!

http://www.zoomergear.com/